Monday, July 20, 2009

Lord of Seduction

- Nicole Jordan -

While I am not sure how I feel about the secret society of nobleman protecting the world - it seems a tad cheesey - I very much enjoyed the story here, even the mystery aspects of it as Thorne triesto find out who killed his friend (the heroine's cousin).

The attraction between Thorne and Diana was very believable, although I don't really like the 'mouth saying no, body saying yes' tone that marks a lot of their earlier encounters - I don't mean it was a seems like rape situation, just that all Diana's protestations which she seemed to make for the sake of society, her nonexisitent reputation, seemed to be completely empty. I would have preferred a slower build, culminating in her finally saying to hell with society embracing the fact that her reputation is shot.

All that being said, it was a good read and I will definitely add the author to my list of backlists to catch up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment