Sunday, July 5, 2009

Instant Gratification

- Jill Shalvis -

- Jill Shalvis -

Another winner. Seriously happy I kept picking up her books after not being blown away by the first one I read, cause this series in particular is just lovely.

Like their counterparts, Katie & Cam from "Instant Attraction", both Stone and Emma are beautifully well rounded and flawed characters. Stone in particular was just a joy to read about (okay, I admit it: I wish he were real. And available.), showing such patience with Emma's fears and hesitation even as he gently tried to break through her fear of opening herself up to someone.

The setting, a town in the Sierra Mountains of California called Wishful, is just as much a character in these books as it's inhabitants and it gives such a wonderful sense of freedom and challenge to the story, as the vivid descriptions of the terrain the Wilder brothers work in and the challenges and rewards they face there mimics the challenges and rewards of their relationships with each other and with the women in their lives.

I am getting unbearably cheesy with this review, suffice to say: I loved this book, can't wait for TJ's story or Shalvis's next book, "Double Play" which I think is out next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment