Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hannah's Dream

- Diane Hammond -

Totally heartwarming story of a devoted elephant keeper who, after 41 years, works to send his elephant charge, Hannah, to a sanctuary to live out her days with other elephants.

I loved the cast of characters who became a family as they united in their love and concern for Hannah, I loved the flashbacks to the eccentric Maxine Biedelman who started the zoo and brought Hannah to the US in the first place, and I loved the eccentricities of the unique group of individuals who worked together to save Hannah.

My only complaint was that I felt the ending was a bit abrupt. I would have liked a little bit more of Hannah's journey to the elephant sanctuary, what happened to the zoo and most of all what happened to her carers, but as it ended on Hannah's dream of freedom being realized, it wasn't a bad finish either.

No comments:

Post a Comment