Sunday, July 12, 2009

Double Play

- Jill Shalvis -

I think Jill Shalvis is officially my new favorite contemporary romance author. Seriously.

Not one, but two books released within a week that make me laugh, sigh and transport myself into the worlds she has created.

I am a sucker for the wounded hero trying to cope with his injuries and what that might mean, and Pace, a major league pitcher with a shoulder injury, did not let me down. He was gruff, sweet, confused and sexy as hell.

And Holly was his perfect match. I loved the simultaneous journeys they were on as Pace realized his life was about more than baseball and Holly realized she wanted more in her life than just her work.

I also love the way Jill Shalvis throughs such realistic obstacles between her characters on the way to their happy ending, yet doesn't make them seem insurmountable and allows the characters to deal with their problems and hang ups in a real way, instead of just glossing over it to get to the happy ending. It really does result in such realistic, full realized characters and a such a satisfying story.

Cannot WAIT for the next in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment