Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Leopard Prince

- Elizabeth Hoyt -

Follow up to "The Raven Prince" and despite the fact that I find the fairytale stories woven into the main story kind of overdone and useless, I really loved this book.

First of all, I loved that the hero, Harry Pye, was a commoner and the heroine, Georgiana, and wealthy, independent landowner. Just a nice change of pace for a historical.

Secondly, I loved that George had a mind of her own and wasn't afraid to use it to draw her own conclusions about the world around her. I loved her interactions with her family, particularly her brothers and I loved that she was both attracted to and interesting in Harry and did not automatically view him as beneath her because he was an employee.

Finally, I though both the mystery and the conflict were well done as Harry cleared his name, restored relations with his brothers and he and George figured out how to deal with the issues between them and be together. I could have done without the church sex scene whilst their entire family waited outside, but overall this was a really enjoyable read.

No comments:

Post a Comment