Friday, August 21, 2009

Anyone But You

- Jennifer Crusie -

Totally adorable (although I do call bullshit on any kind of basset hound mix being able to make it up and down a fire escape with those short little legs.)

Anyway.... the older woman, younger man thing doesn't usually work for me but here it just did as Alex and Nina were both trying to escape the various expectations/responsibilities that did not work for them and together were able to find a happy mix of what does work for them.

I did think the she raised assorted siblings who are never mentioned again so doesn't want kids/he hates family responsibilities/craziness so doesn't want kids either, thing was a bit heavy handed ( I prefer Cal & Min from "Bet Me" who are just okay with not wanting kids, full stop), and a little too convenient, but overall this book was adorable and I want to read the romance between Alex's brother and Nina's best friend, which I don't think exists anywhere except in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment