Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Murder Game

- Beverly Barton -

Sequel to "They Dying Game" and I enjoyed this one more, I think, mainly because Nicole and Griffin appeared to be equals all the way through, whereas Lindsay and Judd from the first story was a much more out of balance relationship for most of the book.

Barton does a great job of creating a truly scary, psychopathic killer and an equally good of job of giving little snippets of his victims lives before he kills them, so that I was really invested in each victim and hoping like hell that Griff and Nic would track down the killer before he killed each victim (I liked this touch in "The Murder Game" as well - it really ups the stakes and creates a sense of urgency for the reader).

Seems fairly clear that other characters from this book will be getting their own stories, and I will definitely read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment