Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fire & Ice

- Julie Garwood -

Very, very mixed feelings on this one... the mystery was beyond lame and I mostly skipped over the boring diary bits interspersed throughout because I just did not care. The resolution ended up being similarly ridiculous.

I did like the characters of Jack and Sophie though - despite Sophie's occasional too stupid to live moments. Really, girl who is getting death threats? You are going to open the curtain and stand in the window because a stranger on the phone tells you too? WTF? - and Jack remaining a fairly enigmatic character throughout. We don't really get to know him all that well.

I think what I liked about them was that they were upfront about their attraction to each other, acknowledged it was a bad idea for whatever reason, but also acknowledged that it was pretty much going to happen anyway.

Definitely glad I did not pay for this one though. Thank you, library.

No comments:

Post a Comment