Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bet Me

- Jennifer Crusie -

Picked up because this gets a lot of recs around the Smart Bitches website and I knew I had read it years ago, but couldn't really remember, so wanted to see what the fuss was about.

As usual most of the time, I was not steered wrong.

Cal was a really lovely hero, strong and take charge yet that rarity among alpha type heroes: able to admit when he was wrong.

Min was pretty awesome too, though I am not a huge fan of the chubby girl doesn't dress flatteringly but has cool shoes thing for some reason, it just bugs me. Also wish her weight wasn't such an issue, in the form of her horrible mother mainly and Min's constant diet talk, but as it provided the opportunity for Cal to demonstrate repeatedly how not an issue Min's size was for him, I can let it go.

Funny and quirky, with awesome secondary characters and a really fun story. Definitely deserves all the recs it gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment